How to cleanse while you sleep with Castor Oil Packs
Written by: Victoria Williams R.H.N.
Victoria Williams R.H.N.
Victoria is Head of Operations at Queen of the Thrones®. Victoria obtained a Pre-Health Science Certificate with Honours from Georgian College, which ignited her passion for natural wellness and nutrition.
Medically reviewed by: Melanie Swackhammer, BA
Est. reading time: 10 minutes.
Everybody wants to cleanse when it’s spring, would you agree?
While cleansing is a natural body function, did you know it doesn’t happen just once a year? In fact, it’s a daily occurrence – correction, it’s a nightly occurrence.
Here you will learn how to cleanse while you sleep with Queen of the Thrones® Castor Oil Packs and the Eye Compress no matter the time of year.
So when your patients, and you, are looking for support in removing the discomforts of leaky gut and hormone imbalance symptoms from the stress they’ve been dealing with, to feel their best in their bodies with the energy of an Olympic athlete… wanting it all now, and by now they mean yesterday…
You’ll be ready to share an easy, doable, Queen of the Thrones® Day & Night Detox Kit.
The above scenario sounds all too familiar? Correct?
This is a perfect example of what you find yourself or your patient saying…
“I’m so desperately wanting to clean up my life, and not just emptying my closets and decluttering my house… It’s me! I don’t have the energy to do everything I want to do. I’m constipated, always exhausted, can’t sleep and I’m so stressed, and I feel like my brain is all fogged up.”
And then the question comes…
Can I cleanse & detox with a supplement?
Ah yes, the one and done supplemental band-aid prescription. Everybody wants it. Even you and you know better. But that’s ok, because it’s human nature, especially living in today’s day and age.
We want it now, and by now I mean yesterday. Can you relate?
But you look back on your life, and what have the quick fixes done for you? Nothing, because nobody benefits from it in the long run. It may feel good for a period of time but leaves you in the same place you started in. A rut. Agreed?
The key to cleansing and detoxing isn’t seasonal, it’s nightly
What Works? It’s not something you just do in the spring, although it’s a great time to start. What really shifts overtime and improves your leaky gut and hormone Imbalance, is the regular practice of supporting what your body does best.
Sleeping, resting, healing and cleaning!
Yes, that’s right, easy practices that you repeat nightly that become as easy and mindless as brushing your teeth because you know you need to brush off the biofilm for good dental health to prevent cavities, agreed?
Well, your body is no different. There is a way to support your regular, nightly and daytime cleansing.
What about dairy?
You know as much as you, or your patients would love to do a “trendy” cleanse or detox that, for most of us, is just too hard. Too many bells and whistles to commit to, right?
Because a cleanse or detox, well that my friend, involves giving up the things you and they love, like red wine, gluten and dairy, and maybe other foods that they find on their food sensitivity testing.
Plus, they’ve either experienced before or heard about the dreadful and very possible aggravating symptoms.
And how are you going to get them, or yourself to do a complicated cleanse or detox if they don’t have the energy to do it?I mean this is why they are sitting in front of you, with ZERO energy, correct?
So, to even initiate a single task or avoid yourself or your patients experiencing another uncomfortable symptom, you are going to have to get creative. Sound too good to be true?
It’s not, read on…
Because you can cleanse and detox while you sleep,
What’s in a name? Well, everything.
You know your patients are exhausted, you know the first step to healing is like when you are building a house from scratch.
You clean (cleanse or detox) up the land (your body) before building a house so you have a strong sturdy foundation. Makes sense, agreed?
But if there isn’t any energy, how can this happen?
Easily, with the Queen of the Thrones® Day & Night Detox Kit, complete with your Castor Oil Liver Pack, Eye Compress and Dry Brush.
Once you have your pack on, you then dab a couple drops of castor oil around the fine lines and wrinkles on your face, so you can reduce signs of aging, enhance circulation7 and lymphatic drainage. What’s next?
You then slip on your Eye Compress and get comfy in your bed. When your head hits the pillow you’re relaxed as your eye compress gently blocks out distracting lights and makes you feel sleepy because it supports melatonin production8-9.
Plus, your Castor Oil Liver Pack feels like a hug that naturally stimulates the production of your feel-good hormones, oxytocin10-11 and dopamine12-13, so you’re ready to drift off into a relaxing deep slumber. Wonderful, agreed?
Morning comes and you start your shower, setting aside your Dry Brush & Castor Oil for when you step out. Starting from your ankles, working your way to your heart, you gently brush small circular motions.
The best part? It’s truly relaxing but what it’s doing is delivering anti-inflammatory14 nutrients like vitamin E, polyphenols and omegas15-16 and stimulating lymphatic flow. Why does this matter in the morning? Read on!
Now, you might be wondering because your patients might ask you…
Why and how does cleansing, detox and drainage happen while I’m sleeping?
Working with the body and the natural laws, we are already privy, according to traditional Chinese Medicine Doctors, that the hour of the liver is between 1-3 am, where the majority of liver detox occurs, at 3-5am the lungs supports lymphatic drainage, and at 5-7am is when colon cleansing occurs.
So, detox, drainage and cleansing overnight in the liver, lymphatics and colon can happen overnight when you’re sleeping.
This is connected to chronobiology research, the best time to do things for your body supports what the ancient Chinese doctors already knew.
What supports cleansing overnight, wearing a sleep aid compress to naturally promote melatonin. When you wake up in the morning, naturally pump cortisol with a dry brush.
Both the liver and microbiome are most active during sleep, and there is a lot of cleaning going on, so why not:
- Promote healthy sleep
- Support the gut and microbiome
- Reduce inflammation in the liver
All this to simply support and help the body naturally to do what it is supposed to do, stay clean!
To learn more about how to support the rhythm of your day and night detox cycle Click here.
Are you a practitioner, health coach or wellness influencer? If you’re interested in recommending our easy-to-use tools and practically applying them in your health and wellness professional practice, in clinic, or online with the people you serve, you can join now!
Click here for references
1. Holm T, Brøgger-Jensen MR, Johnson L, Kessel L.Glutathione preservation during storage of rat lenses in opti-sol-GS and castor oil. PLoS One. 2013 Nov 19;8(11):e79620. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0079620. eCollection 2013. PMID:24260265
2. Sikandar S, Dickenson AH. Visceral pain: the ins and outs, the ups and downs. Curr Opin Support Palliat Care. 2012 Mar;6(1):17-26. doi: 10.1097/SPC.0b013e32834f6ec9. PMID: 22246042; PMCID: PMC3
3. Arslan GG, Eşer I. An examination of the effect of castor oil packs on constipation in the elderly. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2011 Feb;17(1):58-62. doi: 10.1016/j.ctcp.2010.04.004. Epub 2010 May 18. PMID: 21168117
4. Sorin Tunaru,a Till F. Althoff,a Rolf M. Nüsing,b Martin Diener,c and Stefan Offermannsa,d,1 Castor oil induces laxation and uterus contraction via ricinoleic acid activating prostaglandin EP3 receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 Jun 5; 109(23): 9179–9184. Published online 2012 May 21. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1201627109 PMID: 22615395
5. Moore JE Jr, Bertram CD. Lymphatic System Flows. Annu Rev Fluid Mech. 2018 Jan;50:459-482. doi: 10.1146/annurev-fluid-122316-045259. PMID: 29713107; PMCID: PMC5922450
6. Zawieja DC. Contractile physiology of lymphatics. Lymphat Res Biol. 2009;7(2):87-96. doi: 10.1089/lrb.2009.0007. PMID: 19534632; PMCID: PMC2925033.
7. Mascolo N1, Izzo AA, Autore G, Barbato F, Capasso F.Nitric oxide and castor oil-induced diarrhea.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1994 Jan;268(1):291-5. PMID: 8301570.
8. Rong-fang Hu, Xiao-ying Jiang, Yi-ming Zeng, Xiao-yang Chen, You-hua Zhang. Effects of earplugs and eye masks on nocturnal sleep, melatonin and cortisol in a simulated intensive care unit environment. Published online 2010 Apr 18. PMID: 20398302.
9. Khoddam H, Maddah SA, Rezvani Khorshidi S, Zaman Kamkar M, Modanloo M. The effects of earplugs and eye masks on sleep quality of patients admitted to coronary care units: A randomised clinical trial. J Sleep Res. 2022 Apr;31(2):e13473. doi: 10.1111/jsr.13473. Epub 2021 Sep 12. PMID: 34514653.
10. Walker SC1, Trotter PD2, Swaney WT2, Marshall A3, Mcglone FP4. C-tactile afferents: Cutaneous mediators of oxytocin release during affiliative tactile interactions? Neuropeptides. 2017 Aug;64:27-38. doi: 10.1016/j.npep.2017.01.001. Epub 2017 Jan 19. PMID: 28162847.
11. Rolls ET et all. Representations of pleasant and painful touch in the human orbitofrontal and cingulate cortices. Cereb Cortex. 2003 Mar;13(3):308-17. PMID: 12571120.
12. Francis S, Rolls ET, Bowtell R, McGlone F, O’Doherty J, Browning A, Clare S, Smith E. The representation of pleasant touch in the brain and its relationship with taste and olfactory areas. Neuroreport. 1999 Feb 25;10(3):453-9. PMID: 10208571
13. Löken LS, Wessberg J, Morrison I, McGlone F, Olausson H. Coding of pleasant touch by unmyelinated afferents in humans. Nat Neurosci. 2009 May;12(5):547-8. Epub 2009 Apr 12. PMID: 19363489.
14. Vieira C et al. .Eect of ricinoleic acid in acute and subchronic experimental models of inflammation. Mediators Inflamm. 2000;9(5):223-8 PMID: 11200362.
15. Marwat SK, Rehman F, Khan EA, Baloch MS, Sadiq M, Ullah I, Javaria S, Shaheen S. Review – Ricinus communis – Ethnomedicinal uses and pharmacological activities.Pak J Pharm Sci. 2017 Sep;30(5):1815-1827.
16. Patel VR, Dumancas GG, Kasi Viswanath LC, Maples R, Subong BJ. Castor Oil: Properties, Uses, and Optimization of Processing Parameters in Commercial Production. Lipid Insights. 2016 Sep 7;9:1-12. doi: 10.4137/LPI.S40233. PMID: 27656091; PMCID: PMC5015816.
Disclaimer: Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, are those of the respective authors or distributors. Neither Queen of the Thrones® nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content. This communication does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Information provided does not replace the advice of your health care practitioner. If you happen to purchase anything we promote, in this or any of our communications, it’s likely Queen of the Thrones® will receive some kind of affiliate compensation. Still, we only promote content and products that we truly believe in and share with our friends, family and patients. If you ever have a concern with anything we share, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure we are always serving Our Queendom at the highest level.
I am 80 years old and did the castor oil cleanse and I know it works. The problem I had was herxing so bad that I thought I was going to die. I drank a whole glass of water and a whole glass of lemon water and then took a bath in my walk in tub. Right away my brain woke up. and I feel much better but l am going to fast today.Linda
Hey there! Although we cannot comment on your case specifically. The castor oil pack practice helps us to move things out which our body doesn’t need & cleanse. As it begins to mobilize toxins, sometimes people can experience mild symptoms such as fatigue, headache, loose stools or constipation in the first couple of days of using the pack, but as they continue the practice and make sure they are staying hydrated the body begins to balance out, these disappear. I would try starting out slower, 1 hour before bed or overnight every other day. Then frequent use when symptoms subside.