Both ingesting oils and consuming excessive amounts of seeds can actually cause gut health issues, as they can irritate the gut lining. No thank you, right? This is where castor oil packs come in, working from the outside in, the topical alternative to ingesting seeds or tolerating the oral intake of oils.
“Single” Seed Cycling is a tool that can be used in all three hormonally-unbalanced stages of life, no matter the cycle dysfunction or how off the body clock is.
March 11, 2022
Written by Christy Howitt
Edited by Victoria Williams and Melanie Swackhammer
Why Beet Juice is Good for You and Your Gut Health
Beet Juice is the Perfect Castor Oil Pack Companion
So you love your beets, do you? Perhaps it’s because of their soluble fiber that helps you stay quite regular1? Or maybe it’s because your integrative/functional medicine practitioner or health coach suggested that beets help clean your blood and support liver health and metabolism due to their color2?
How exactly do they do this? If you’ve ever wondered..
- Why drink beet juice instead of eating beets on their own?
- How is beet juice good for my gut health and my microbiome?
- Why beet juice is the perfect companion to your Castor Oil Pack practice?
- A special easy beet juice recipe for liver cleansing and gut health with simple ingredients to maximize all the benefits of beets so you can start balancing your liver detox and your microbiome
The best part? You probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen cupboard, and you don’t need a fancy juicer or blender.
1. Luman W, Ardill JE, Armstrong E, Smith GD, Brett L, Lessells AM, Haynes WG, Gray GA, Mickley EJ, Webb DJ, Palmer KR. Nitric oxide and gall-bladder motor function. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1998 May;12(5):425-32. doi: 10.1046/j.1365-2036.1998.00322.x. PMID: 9663721.
2. Mirmiran P, Houshialsadat Z, Gaeini Z, Bahadoran Z, Azizi F. Functional properties of beetroot (Beta vulgaris) in management of cardio-metabolic diseases. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2020 Jan 7;17:3. doi: 10.1186/s12986-019-0421-0. PMID: 31921325; PMCID: PMC6947971.
3. The Doctrine of Signatures Hospital (Lond 1886). 1909 Apr 24; 46(1184): 108. PMID: 29815714
4. Susanne M Henning 1, Jieping Yang 2, Paul Shao 2, Ru-Po Lee 2, Jianjun Huang 2, Austin Ly 2, Mark Hsu 2, Qing-Yi Lu 2, Gail Thames 2, David Heber 2, Zhaoping Li 2Health benefit of vegetable/fruit juice-based diet: Role of microbiome Sci Rep 2017 May 19;7(1):2167. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-02200-6 PMID: 28526852
5. Zamani H, de Joode MEJR, Hossein IJ, Henckens NFT, Guggeis MA, Berends JE, de Kok TMCM, van Breda SGJ. The benefits and risks of beetroot juice consumption: a systematic review. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2021;61(5):788-804. doi: 10.1080/10408398.2020.1746629. Epub 2020 Apr 15. PMID: 32292042.
6. Nicolas Barraud, Michael J Kelso, Scott A Rice, Staffan Kjelleberg 1 Nitric oxide: a key mediator of biofilm dispersal with applications in infectious diseases Review Curr Pharm Des 2015;21(1):31-42 PMID: 27771922.
7. Andrade IM1, Andrade KM2, Pisani MX1, Silva-Lovato CH1, de Souza RF1, Paranhos Hde F1.Trial of an experimental castor oil solution for cleaning dentures. Braz Dent J. 2014 Jan-Feb;25(1):43-7.PMID: 24789291.
8. Pérez-Torres I, Zuniga-Munoz AM, Guarner-Lans V. Beneficial Effects of the Amino Acid Glycine. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2017;17(1):15-32. doi: 10.2174/1389557516666160609081602. PMID: 27292783.
9. Vuyisa Sigwela 1, Maryna De Wit 1, Alba du Toit 1, Gernot Osthoff 2, Arno Hugo 3 Bioactive Betalain Extracts from Cactus Pear Fruit Pulp, Beetroot Tubers, and Amaranth Leaves Molecules 2021 Aug 18;26(16):5012. doi: 10.3390/molecules26165012. PMID: 34443599.
10. Binienda A, Twardowska A, Makaro A, Salaga M. Dietary Carbohydrates and Lipids in the Pathogenesis of Leaky Gut Syndrome: An Overview. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Nov 8;21(21):8368. doi: 10.3390/ijms21218368. PMID: 33171587; PMCID: PMC7664638.
11. Witkamp RF, van Norren K. Let thy food be thy medicine….when possible. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018 Oct 5;836:102-114. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2018.06.026. Epub 2018 Jun 21. PMID: 29936236.
12. Neiworth-Petshow EM, Baldwin-Sayre C. Naturopathic Treatment of Gastrointestinal Dysfunction in the Setting of Parkinson’s Disease. Integr Med (Encinitas). 2018 Aug;17(4):44-50. PMID: 31043910; PMCID: PMC6469461.
13. Quade BN, Parker MD, Occhipinti R. The therapeutic importance of acid-base balance. Biochem Pharmacol. 2021 Jan;183:114278. doi: 10.1016/j.bcp.2020.114278. Epub 2020 Oct 9. PMID: 33039418; PMCID: PMC7544731.
14. Karunaratne TB, Okereke C, Seamon M, Purohit S, Wakade C, Sharma A. Niacin and Butyrate: Nutraceuticals Targeting Dysbiosis and Intestinal Permeability in Parkinson’s Disease. Nutrients. 2020 Dec 23;13(1):28. doi: 10.3390/nu13010028. PMID: 33374784; PMCID: PMC7824468.
15. Mu Q, Kirby J, Reilly CM, Luo XM. Leaky Gut As a Danger Signal for Autoimmune Diseases. Front Immunol. 2017 May 23;8:598. doi: 10.3389/fimmu.2017.00598. PMID: 28588585; PMCID: PMC5440529.
16. Merra G, Noce A, Marrone G, Cintoni M, Tarsitano MG, Capacci A, De Lorenzo A. Influence of Mediterranean Diet on Human Gut Microbiota. Nutrients. 2020 Dec 22;13(1):7. doi: 10.3390/nu13010007. PMID: 33375042; PMCID: PMC7822000.
17. Baranauskas MN, Coggan AR, Gruber AH, Altherr CA, Raglin JS, Carter SJ. Dietary Nitrate Supplementation and Exercise-Related Performance. Nutr Today. 2020 Sep-Oct;55(5):211-217. doi: 10.1097/nt.0000000000000431. PMID: 34658444; PMCID: PMC8516348.
18. Mascolo N, Izzo AA, Gaginella TS, Capasso F. Relationship between nitric oxide and platelet-activating factor in castor-oil induced mucosal injury in the rat duodenum. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 1996 May;353(6):680-4. doi: 10.1007/BF00167187. PMID: 8738301.
Disclaimer: Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, are those of the respective authors or distributors. Neither Queen of the Thrones® nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content. This communication does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Information provided does not replace the advice of your health care practitioner. If you happen to purchase anything we promote, in this or any of our communications, it’s likely Queen of the Thrones® will receive some kind of affiliate compensation. Still, we only promote content and products that we truly believe in and share with our friends, family and patients. If you ever have a concern with anything we share, please let us know at email@example.com. We want to make sure we are always serving Our Queendom at the highest level.