What Is A Pelvic Castor Oil Pack And Why Use It?
Your Complete Guide On Castor Oil Packs for the Pelvis & Hips
For every woman, the pelvic area is a sacred and beautiful part of her being and hormonal health, a wonder of nature that gives rise to life, love and all the magic that lies within.
Here you’ll find out how to use Queen of the Thrones® Castor Oil Packs for nourishing the delicate area of your hips, uterus, reproductive organs, and everything in between.
The best part? Using a Pelvic Castor Oil Pack may help you support hormone balance naturally throughout your monthly cycle. Curious to know how?
Can Castor Oil Packs support hormonal and reproductive health?
Worse than that, with hormonal fluctuations kicking in, you feel moody and disconnected from your body, making you (even more) stressed. Is this you?
And if you’ve been diagnosed with endometriosis, PCOS, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, or other hormonal conditions, everything is amplified. Agreed?
A nightly Pelvic Castor Oil Pack may help you support…
1. Balanced hormonal health and less stress
- Dopamine1, 2, a hormone that makes you feel satisfied and helps connect your emotions with your nerve cells.
- Oxytocin3, 4, often referred to as the “love and connection” hormone – it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. You naturally get it from hugs, love, touch, gentle compression or bonding with a new balance.
Why does this matter? Well, studies show a connection between higher anxiety levels and high progesterone levels6, and healthy levels of progesterone are key for maintaining balanced moods during your monthly menstrual cycle.
Castor Oil Packs may also support reproductive health, as they have been shown to help with…
2. Balanced inflammation and deep sleep
But, your Pelvic Castor Oil Pack may help support inflammation balance and pain relief throughout all stages of your hormonal life.
You see, Castor Oil contains ricinoleic acid, a natural anti-inflammatory11, 12. So, when you pair that with your cozy Pelvic Castor Oil Pack, it’s like a weighted blanket for all your reproductive organs so you can naturally relax and wind down for a deep sleep13 14.
You see, just like how an ice pack reduces swelling and inflammation when you have an injury, your Pelvic Castor Oil Pack is your new way to balance the pain you get from inflammation, but without the cold!
You can also add an abdominal massage with a Fascia Body Roller to support flow and relaxation when your hormones are causing a raging storm inside your body.
Castor Oil Packs can also help you stop dreading your periods by providing you with…
3. Natural period pain support and a regular monthly cycle
Did you know that Castor Oil may help by supporting the smooth muscles15 of your digestive tract and uterus?
Why does this matter
So, by acting on your smooth muscles, Castor Oil Packs may even help with your cramping because it naturally shifts your body and muscles into a state of rest and relaxation.
Curious how you can use Castor Oil Packs while intentionally following the moon’s phases to support your monthly cycle?
So, how do you use your Castor Oil Pack for Pelvis & Hips?
Step One: Apply 1 tbsp of Organic Castor Oil to the soft organic cotton flannel side of your Queen of the Thrones® pack.
Step Two: Place your pack over the pelvic region and tie it in place with the soft, stretchy, adjustable straps.
With consistent use, this self-care tool may help support hormone balance and reproductive health.
Would you love to know how to do hormonal cycling with the moon and Castor Oil Packs?
1. What if I’m on medications, hormone replacement therapy, birth control pills, IUDs, or supplements?
Castor Oil Packs are safely combined with any medication and supplement as there are no known contraindications or interactions with medication. They are likely safe to use with hormone replacements, TTC medicines, birth control pills, and IUDs.
2. Why can’t I just drink Castor Oil or rub it on my skin?
Taken orally, Castor Oil is a stimulant laxative that makes you have to poop. Simply rubbing it on your skin and wearing a T-shirt overtop will only gives you about 50% of the benefits. You need a pack for compression to help move your body into the relaxed state where liver detox, lymphatic drainage, and colon cleansing are supported.
3. Can I use an old piece of cloth or an organic bamboo pack?
ONLY use organic cotton, wool or linen for your Castor Oil Pack! Other materials like ‘organic’ bamboo are highly processed with chemicals. Old clothing may be made with harsh dyes, bleach, and flame retardants that aren’t ideal to absorb into your body.
4. Isn’t it messy?
By nature, Castor Oil is an oil so it will stain clothing and fabrics. This is why we created this LESS-mess pack. No, it’s not entirely messless, but it’s LESS messy than the old way.
5. Do I have to add heat?
Queen of the Thrones® Castor Oil Packs are engineered to hold in your body heat naturally, so additional heat is not needed.
Know more about how to sync your Castor Oil Pack practice with the moon phases to help support hormonal health in this free infographic
Click here for references
- Francis S, Rolls ET, Bowtell R, McGlone F, O’Doherty J, Browning A, Clare S, Smith E. The representation of pleasant touch in the brain and its relationship with taste and olfactory areas. Neuroreport. 1999 Feb 25;10(3):453-9. PMID: 10208571
- Löken LS, Wessberg J, Morrison I, McGlone F, Olausson H. Coding of pleasant touch by unmyelinated afferents in humans. Nat Neurosci. 2009 May;12(5):547-8. Epub 2009 Apr 12. PMID: 19363489
- Walker SC1, Trotter PD2, Swaney WT2, Marshall A3, Mcglone FP4. C-tactile afferents: Cutaneous mediators of oxytocin release during affiliative tactile interactions? Neuropeptides. 2017 Aug;64:27-38. doi: 10.1016/j.npep.2017.01.001. Epub 2017 Jan 19. PMID: 28162847
- Rolls ET et all. Representations of pleasant and painful touch in the human orbitofrontal and cingulate cortices. Cereb Cortex. 2003 Mar;13(3):308-17. PMID: 12571120
- Uvnas-Moberg K1, Petersson M.[Oxytocin, a mediator of anti-stress, well-being, social interaction, growth and healing]. Z Psychosom Med Psychother. 2005;51(1):57-80. PMID: 15834840
- Reynolds TA, Makhanova A, Marcinkowska UM, Jasienska G, McNulty JK, Eckel LA, Nikonova L, Maner JK. Progesterone and women’s anxiety across the menstrual cycle. Horm Behav. 2018 Jun;102:34-40. doi: 10.1016/j.yhbeh.2018.04.008. Epub 2018 Apr 24. PMID: 29673619.
- Rudnicka E, Suchta K, Grymowicz M, Calik-Ksepka A, Smolarczyk K, Duszewska AM, Smolarczyk R, Meczekalski B. Chronic Low Grade Inflammation in Pathogenesis of PCOS. Int J Mol Sci. 2021 Apr 6;22(7):3789. doi: 10.3390/ijms22073789. PMID: 33917519; PMCID: PMC8038770.
- Cetin E, Al-Hendy A, Ciebiera M. Non-hormonal mediators of uterine fibroid growth. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Oct;32(5):361-370. doi: 10.1097/GCO.0000000000000650. PMID: 32739973; PMCID: PMC8314923.
- Jiang L, Yan Y, Liu Z, Wang Y. Inflammation and endometriosis. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2016 Jun 1;21(5):941-8. doi: 10.2741/4431. PMID: 27100482.
- Fabozzi G, Verdone G, Allori M, Cimadomo D, Tatone C, Stuppia L, Franzago M, Ubaldi N, Vaiarelli A, Ubaldi FM, Rienzi L, Gennarelli G. Personalized Nutrition in the Management of Female Infertility: New Insights on Chronic Low-Grade Inflammation. Nutrients. 2022 May 3;14(9):1918. doi: 10.3390/nu14091918. PMID: 35565885; PMCID: PMC9105997.
- Boddu SH1, Alsaab H2, Umar S3, Bonam SP2, Gupta H2, Ahmed S3. Anti-inflammatory effects of a novel ricinoleic acid poloxamer gel system for transdermal delivery. Int J Pharm. 2015 Feb 1;479(1):207-11. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2014.12.051. Epub 2014 Dec 24
- Vieira C et al. .Effect of ricinoleic acid in acute and subchronic experimental models of inflammation. Mediators Inflamm. 2000;9(5):223-8 PMID: 11200362
- Eron K, Kohnert L, Watters A, Logan C, Weisner-Rose M, Mehler PS. Weighted Blanket Use: A Systematic Review. Am J Occup Ther. 2020 Mar/Apr;74(2):7402205010p1-7402205010p14. doi: 10.5014/ajot.2020.037358. PMID: 32204779.
- Meth EMS, Brandão LEM, van Egmond LT, Xue P, Grip A, Wu J, Adan A, Andersson F, Pacheco AP, Uvnäs-Moberg K, Cedernaes J, Benedict C. A weighted blanket increases pre-sleep salivary concentrations of melatonin in young, healthy adults. J Sleep Res. 2023 Apr;32(2):e13743. doi: 10.1111/jsr.13743. Epub 2022 Oct 3. PMID: 36184925.
- Sorin Tunaru,a Till F. Althoff,a Rolf M. Nüsing,b Martin Diener,c and Stefan Offermannsa,d,1 Castor oil induces laxation and uterus contraction via ricinoleic acid activating prostaglandin EP3 receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 Jun 5; 109(23): 9179–9184. Published online 2012 May 21. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1201627109 PMID: 22615395
- Camerino C. The New Frontier in Oxytocin Physiology: The Oxytonic Contraction. Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Jul 21;21(14):5144. doi: 10.3390/ijms21145144. PMID: 32708109; PMCID: PMC7404128.