Here you will learn how to cleanse while you sleep with Queen of the Thrones® Castor Oil Packs and Circadian Sleep Eye Mask no matter the time of year.
May 13, 2022
Written by Sherri McKnight, DCHomMed
Edited by Melanie Swackhammer, BA
How do Castor Oil Packs work?
As a health care practitioner, you may have prescribed the traditional treatment method of castor oil packs for liver detox, lymphatic drainage or colon cleansing, right?
You did this by saturating an old cloth with castor oil and applying that gooey mess to various parts of the body because you know of the great health benefits that this treatment method offers. Can you relate?
And, if you’re like me, you stopped prescribing the old way of applying castor oil packs because that 12-step method was too messy, too complicated and your patients just didn’t comply to it. And I don’t blame them, do you?
Or maybe you had your patients do it the “lazy way” by simply just rubbing on the castor oil and then having them wear an old t-shirt. Sound familiar?
But, with the application of just the castor oil without the castor oil pack, we only get half of the benefits.
1. Moore JE Jr, Bertram CD. Lymphatic System Flows. Annu Rev Fluid Mech. 2018 Jan;50:459-482. doi: 10.1146/annurev-fluid-122316-045259. PMID: 29713107; PMCID: PMC5922450.
2. Sikandar S, Dickenson AH. Visceral pain: the ins and outs, the ups and downs. Curr Opin Support Palliat Care. 2012 Mar;6(1):17-26. doi: 10.1097/SPC.0b013e32834f6ec9. PMID: 22246042; PMCID: PMC3272481.
3. Walker SC1, Trotter PD2, Swaney WT2, Marshall A3, Mcglone FP4. C-tactile afferents: Cutaneous mediators of oxytocin release during affiliative tactile interactions? Neuropeptides. 2017 Aug;64:27-38. doi: 10.1016/j.npep.2017.01.001. Epub 2017 Jan 19. PMID: 28162847.
4. Rolls ET et all. Representations of pleasant and painful touch in the human orbitofrontal and cingulate cortices. Cereb Cortex. 2003 Mar;13(3):308-17. PMID: 12571120.
5. Francis S, Rolls ET, Bowtell R, McGlone F, O’Doherty J, Browning A, Clare S, Smith E. The representation of pleasant touch in the brain and its relationship with taste and olfactory areas. Neuroreport. 1999 Feb 25;10(3):453-9. PMID: 10208571.
6. Löken LS, Wessberg J, Morrison I, McGlone F, Olausson H. Coding of pleasant touch by unmyelinated afferents in humans. Nat Neurosci. 2009 May;12(5):547-8. Epub 2009 Apr 12. PMID: 19363489.
7. Holmes GM, Browning KN, Babic T, Fortna SR, Coleman FH, Travagli RA. Vagal afferent fibres determine the oxytocin-induced modulation of gastric tone. J Physiol. 2013 Jun 15;591(12):3081-100. doi: 10.1113/jphysiol.2013.253732. Epub 2013 Apr 15. PMID: 23587885; PMCID: PMC3832121.
8. Kim H1, Oh S1, Gye MC1, Shin I1,2. Comparative toxicological evaluation of nonylphenol and nonylphenol polyethoxylates using human keratinocytes. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2018 Oct;41(4):486-491. doi: 10.1080/01480545.2017.1391829. Epub 2017 Nov 10.
9. Amar SK1, Goyal S2, Srivastav AK3, Chopra D3, Ray RS2. Combined effect of Benzophenone-2 and ultraviolet radiation promote photogenotoxicity and photocytotoxicity in human keratinocytes. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2018 Jun;95:298-306. doi: 10.1016/j.yrtph.2018.04.003. Epub 2018 Apr 4.
10. Hafezi SA1, Abdel-Rahman WM1. The Endocrine Disruptor Bisphenol A (BPA) Exerts a Wide Range of Effects in Carcinogenesis and Response to Therapy. Curr Mol Pharmacol. 2019 Mar 6. doi: 10.2174/1874467212666190306164507.
11. PubChem [Internet]. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US), National Center for Biotechnology Information; 2004-. PubChem Compound Summary for CID 643684, Ricinoleic acid; [cited 2022 Mar. 31].
12. Alves SP, Araujo CM, Queiroga RC, Madruga MS, Parente MOM, Medeiros AN, Bessa RJB. New insights on the metabolism of ricinoleic acid in ruminants. J Dairy Sci. 2017 Oct;100(10):8018-8032. doi: 10.3168/jds.2017-13117. Epub 2017 Aug 10. PMID: 28803011.
March 21, 2022
Guest Blog Post Written by Halie Schoff, DC
Edited by Sherri McKnight, DCHomMed
Love Your Liver with Queen of the Thrones®️ Castor Oil Packs and Improve Hormonal Acne Breakouts
Are you hoping to support your beautiful skin and get rid of hormonal acne breakouts once and for all?
Have you been applying pimple creams containing hydroxy acids and/or benzoyl peroxide with no change in those painful and embarrassing pustules?
You see, it can take time to clear up acne, and with the help of Queen of the Thrones®️ Castor Oil Packs to support your hormone and skin health, we can speed up the process in a healthy way. Sounds wonderful, right?
One thing I noticed when working with my patients and clients who struggle with hormonal acne breakouts, is that when I improve their liver health and get their hormones in balance, their skin starts GLOWING!
Would you love to wake up each morning to wash your face & shower your body only to feel and see smooth, blemish-free skin looking back at you?
So, how can we tell if your hormones are imbalanced and if your liver is in need of support?
Let’s look at the following symptoms:
- Acne (Inflamed pustules/comedones on face, back, chest, shoulders, buttocks)
- Skin irritation/rashes
- Brain fog
- Feelings of anger (liver is associated with emotions like irritability and anger)
- PMS (tender breasts, cramping, moodiness
- Waking up between the hours of 1-3am
Is this you? If you experience any of these symptoms it could indicate that your liver needs some love.
In my practice I teach my patients that, when we are not able to remove toxins (due to the need of liver detoxification) from the body optimally we can push them out through the skin, therefore experiencing hormonal acne breakouts.
Disclaimer: These are the opinions of private and clinical practice and experiences and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Queen of the Thrones®, Sanas Health Practice or Sell Health Well. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, information or content expressed or made available by third parties are those of the respective authors or distributors. Neither Queen of the Thrones®, Sanas Health Practice nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content. Information provided is for educational purposes only & does not replace the advice of your health care practitioner or business coaches. This communication does not create a doctor-patient relationship or a business-advisor relationship. This is not meant to treat, cure, prevent, diagnose or directly advise on decision-making in your health or business. Always ask your gut, your higher power & your doctor or business advisor if any practice is right for you. If you have a concern with anything we share, please let us know at email@example.com We want to make sure we are always serving you and our Welldom at the highest level.