Here you will learn how to cleanse while you sleep with Queen of the Thrones® Castor Oil Packs and Circadian Sleep Eye Mask no matter the time of year.
Supporting healthy functions of cleansing and detoxification by shifting the body into a relaxed state supports the moving of the bowels and enhances liver detox and reduces gut inflammation.
May 20, 2022
Written by Sherri McKnight, DCHomMed
Edited by Melanie Swackhammer, BA
How to support the rhythm of your day and night detox cycle with your Queen of the Thrones® Castor Oil Pack and Dry Brush
A successful night’s sleep begins during the day and a great day begins before we go to sleep.
Because light and darkness and our “Fight or Flight” or “rest and digest” state affect our melatonin and cortisol levels, and when these are off, we become distressed and disordered and then sleep, constipation, fatigue, depression, anxiety, overeating and overall feeling of being unwell predominate. Would you agree?
So how do we support the body’s natural circadian rhythm in this modern technology-driven world to optimize our day and night detox cycle?
1. & 1A. & 1B. Rong-fang Hu, Xiao-ying Jiang, Yi-ming Zeng, Xiao-yang Chen, You-hua Zhang. Effects of earplugs and eye masks on nocturnal sleep, melatonin and cortisol in a simulated intensive care unit environment. Published online 2010 Apr 18. PMID: 20398302.
2. Marwat SK, Rehman F, Khan EA, Baloch MS, Sadiq M, Ullah I, Javaria S, Shaheen S. Review – Ricinus communis – Ethnomedicinal uses and pharmacological activities.Pak J Pharm Sci. 2017 Sep;30(5):1815-1827.
3. Patel, V. R., Dumancas, G. G., Viswanath, L. C. K., Maples, R. & Subong, B. J. J. Castor oil: properties, uses, and optimization of processing parameters in commercial production. Lipid Insights 9, 1–12, https://doi.org/10.4137/LPI.S40233 (2016). PMID: 27656091.
4. Walker SC1, Trotter PD2, Swaney WT2, Marshall A3, Mcglone FP4. C-tactile afferents: Cutaneous mediators of oxytocin release during affiliative tactile interactions? Neuropeptides. 2017 Aug;64:27-38. doi: 10.1016/j.npep.2017.01.001. Epub 2017 Jan 19. PMID: 28162847.
5. Rolls ET, O’Doherty J, Kringelbach ML, Francis S, Bowtell R, McGlone F. Representations of pleasant and painful touch in the human orbitofrontal and cingulate cortices. Cereb Cortex. 2003 Mar;13(3):308-17.
6. Zawieja DC. Contractile physiology of lymphatics. Lymphat Res Biol. 2009;7(2):87-96. doi: 10.1089/lrb.2009.0007. PMID: 19534632; PMCID: PMC2925033.
7. Sikandar S, Dickenson AH. Visceral pain: the ins and outs, the ups and downs. Curr Opin Support Palliat Care. 2012 Mar;6(1):17-26. doi: 10.1097/SPC.0b013e32834f6ec9. PMID: 22246042; PMCID: PMC3272481.
8. Boddu SH1, Alsaab H2, Umar S3, Bonam SP2, Gupta H2, Ahmed S3. Anti-inflammatory effects of a novel ricinoleic acid poloxamer gel system for transdermal delivery. Int J Pharm. 2015 Feb 1;479(1):207-11. doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2014.12.051. Epub 2014 Dec 24.
9. Vieira C et al. .Effect of ricinoleic acid in acute and subchronic experimental models of inflammation. Mediators In-flamm. 2000;9(5):223-8 PMID: 11200362.
10. Mascolo N1, Izzo AA, Autore G, Barbato F, Capasso F.Nitric oxide and castor oil-induced diarrhea.J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1994 Jan;268(1):291-5. PMID: 8301570.
11. Izzo, Angelo. (1996). Castor oil: An update on mechanism of action. Phytotherapy Research. 10. S109-S111.
Disclaimer: Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, are those of the respective authors or distributors. Neither Queen of the Thrones® nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content. This communication does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Information provided does not replace the advice of your health care practitioner. If you happen to purchase anything we promote, in this or any of our communications, it’s likely Queen of the Thrones® will receive some kind of affiliate compensation. Still, we only promote content and products that we truly believe in and share with our friends, family and patients. If you ever have a concern with anything we share, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure we are always serving Our Queendom at the highest level.